- What to Look for when Choosing Virtual PBX Hardware
- History of VoIP
- How Can Skype Help Your Business
- What is a Toll Free Number and Who Provides One
- Virtual Phone Systems vs VoIP
- Lingo Full Review
- RingCentral Office vs RingCentral Professional
- Phone Power Full Review
- ITP VoIP Full Review
- 8×8 Full Review
- Ringio Full Review
RingCentral vs Grasshopper
As more people start using alternative phone services, more companies are stepping up to the plate to make these services available. Cloud phone systems are easy to manage and you don’t need to install complicated hardware, which means less chances of equipment breaking down. Companies can’t afford to have an unreliable phone system.
Calls and faxes are handled online in a safe and secure environment. This means more productivity for your company, less dropped calls and more efficient way of handling multiple extensions.
RingCentral is located in San Mateo, CA. Since 2003, the company has been revolutionizing phone systems. By breaking down communication barriers caused by complex hardware, RingCentral is able to deliver reliable solutions for companies both big and small. Companies can operate freely in today’s mobile market. The state-of-the-art cloud infrastructure continually helps more than 300,000 customers with the communication solutions they need to thrive.
Features of RingCentral
- Free 30 day trial on all of their plans.
- A choice of four different fax only plans.
- Each plan includes a toll free number or a local number.
- Several plans to choose from.
- Toll free, local or vanity phone numbers.
- Call queses for various departments.
- Caller ID control and VoIP service.
- Unlimited texting and mobile devices.
- Greetings and voicemail.
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Google and Dropbox.
- Cloud PBX.
- Call management features.
- Unlimited conference calling and internet faxing.
- Mobile apps for iPhone, Blackberry and Android.
Located in Needham, MA, Grasshopper has been supplying phone solutions to happy customers since 2003. Founded by two forward thinking entrepreneurs, the company is dedicated to making it easier for other like minded people to start and thrive in a business of their own. What started out as two guys with a dream has transformed into a company serving more than 100,000 creative entrepreneurs. They continually strive to develop new and innovative tools designed to help budding entrepreneurs change the world.
Features of Grasshopper
- Grasshopper is a good choice for single person operations, small businesses and new startups.
- $75 discount using this coupon code: VPBX75.
- Several plans to choose from, including a pay as you grow plan.
- Activation is free on all plans.
- Inbound faxing is included.
- Toll free or a local phone number, or a vanity phone number.
- Conference calling.
- An unlimited amount of extensions for employees and departments.
- Call screening.
- Unlimited call handling.
- Call forwarding to mobile phone.
- Voicemails and faxes over email.
- New 855 toll free numbers.
- Mobile apps.
- No expensive hardware to install.
- Music on hold.
- Transcription available over email.
Both companies offer fax plans. With RingCentral you can send and receive faxes over the internet. Grasshopper offers incoming fax services, but not outgoing.
Click to read Grasshopper’s full review
Plans and Pricing
RingCentral offers several plans to choose from:
- 2 to 19 users for $29.99 per month for each user.
- 20 to 99 users for $21.99 per month for each user.
- 100 or more users for $19.99 per month for each user.
- Pro for $9.99 per month
- ProPlus for $19.99 per month
- ProPower for $24.99 per month
Grasshopper has four plans to choose from:
- The pay as you grow plan for $12 per month
- The Ramp plan for $24 per month
- The Grow plan for $49 per month
- The Max plan for $199 per month
- 30 day money back guarantee for all plans
The RingCental customer support is located offshore. Support lines are open 24/7, 365 days a year, however the company encourages customers to find answers in the forums, on the website or by submitting a ticket.
Grasshopper customer support is located in Florida. Support lines are open 24/7, 365 days a year. The company encourages customers to call anytime they have a problem or a question.
Both companies have been around for the same number of years, and offer comparable services for comparable prices. Both companies offer around the clock customer support. The main differences between RingCentral and Grasshopper:
- RingCentral offers incoming as well as outgoing fax services, while Grasshopper has incoming only.
- Grasshopper customer service is located in the U.S. while RingCentral support is offshore.
- Grasshopper plans do not required pre-configured phones. The plans will work on your existing phones.
- Grasshopper plans allow you to upgrade for more toll free numbers.
Which company you choose will largely depend on your needs. If you need multiple phone numbers, Grasshopper may be the best choice, and overall, it is the best choice for most small and growing businesses.