Service: Business Phone System
eVoice® is a simple, yet powerful phone system that routes calls automatically to your office, home phone, cell phone, or any number you choose. eVoice sends voice mail messages to email inboxes, transcribes voice messages, allows you to screen calls and enables you to work from anywhere.
If you want a basic Virtual PBX, without a lot of extra features like internet faxing, or call queuing then eVoice may just be the phone service provider you need.
Many customers like the simplicity of eVoice. The simple interface is definitely one of eVoice’s stronger points. Users will find it refreshingly easy to quickly find the options they need. The menu system has everything placed right where you would expect to find it, unlike some interfaces where you have to hunt down the feature you want to use. For example, call routing is found where you would expect it to be – under call settings.
They offer 3 basic plans that cover all of the basic features a business needs in a phone service, plus a few add-ons you can include in your service package. Of course, add-ons come with additional charges.
- Toll free numbers
- Call routing – forward calls to any phone number you choose. You can route calls made to your extension to a maximum of three numbers. The numbers are routed either in the order they are listed in your Call Routing list sequentially or simultaneously, whichever you prefer.
- U.S. and Canadian local numbers – you can choose a local number from one or several cities and establish a local business presence no matter where you are physically located
- Voice mail to text – receive transcriptions of voice messages sent as an email or text message. Each plan includes 40 voice mail transcriptions per month for 1 extension. Additional transcriptions over the limit are 10¢ each. Voice to text on additional extensions is $1.95 per month, which includes 40 transcriptions.
- Multiple extensions – set up extensions for particular departments or employees
- Auto attendant – takes calls and directs the caller to the department or individual they wish to speak with. Callers are prompted to enter a number for the extension they want or the name of the person they are looking for.
- Call recording – records calls and stores the audio files for later use. The cost is an additional $5.95 per month per extension.
- Mobile apps – eVoice supports iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry mobile phones to help you access your account from anywhere
The company has improved their customer service and now offers around the clock U.S. based customer support. They have also added an “after hours mode” which is available through advanced call routing. Or, you can help yourself in the FAQ section or watch a help video.
Plans and Pricing
All plans come with a 30 day free trial, however, you are limited to the minutes of the plan you are trying out. For example, if you choose a free trial with the $9.95 monthly plan, you have to stay within the 300 minute limit or you will be charged overage minutes, whether you sign up for the paid plan or not. Otherwise, you will not be charged anything if you cancel within the 30 day limit. Plans are month to month, with no contracts or cancellation fees.
$9.95 per month plan
- two extensions
- 300 minutes per months
- additional minutes are available for 5.9 cents per minute
- local or toll free numbers
$19.95 per month plan
- three extensions
- 500 minutes per month
- additional minutes are available for 4.9 cents per minute
- VIP support and set up – the eVoice VIP support team will contact you within 1 business day to help you with the setup of your greetings and extensions, as well as provide you with a direct line for ongoing support.
- local or toll free numbers, with 1-800 number options
- transfer your existing number
$29.95 per month plan
- five extensions – plus unlimited virtual extensions. Virtual extensions can point to any of your mailboxes.
- 1000 minutes per month
- additional minutes are available for 3.9 cents per minute
- VIP set up and support – the eVoice team will help you through the setup process step by step to get you up and running immediately
- BOTH a local and a toll free number
- vanity number search – an additional $30 fee is charged to set up your vanity number
eVoice makes call conferences simple with advanced built-in support. The system will provide you with the information you need to provide to invitees (phone number and access code) and you distribute the information to selected recipients. You can invite up to 95 people. But, you should be aware that you are charged per minute, per participant. Minutes count as part of your plan minutes and are subject to overage charges.
When you sign up for a free trial, you only have the option of 855, 866, 877, or 888 toll free numbers. This won’t be a big problem for most businesses. These numbers are becoming as widely recognized as 800 numbers. But, if you really want an 800 number, you have to sign up for a paid plan right off the bat.
Lack of Features
Some businesses may find the features too basic. By not offering call queuing, internet faxing, or web calling, eVoice puts themselves at a disadvantage.
Recording Your Own Message
Recording your own greeting is a bit of a hassle. To record your own greeting, you must first record it on your computer with your own recording software, then upload your audio file to the eVoice interface. Alternatively, you can pay an additional fee for a professional recording.
For reliable virtual phone service, at affordable prices, eVoice is an ‘OK’ choice. It may not have as many features as some of the other providers, but they have everything most businesses need. The 30 day free trial gives you a chance to try the service before committing to a paid plan.
For further information, visit eVoice.com.
|Value for Money|
|Ease of Use|